Normal Topic List of Open Databases (Read 368 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

List of Open Databases
Feb 25th, 2009 at 8:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have reported this problem before version 2.0. When reconciling the application, you have to unload the application first. The problem is both the .dsr and .db files loaded listed without extension. If you want to reconcile Test.db, and you go to server administration to unload Test.db, two Test will be shown in the application loaded list. You do not know which one is .db and which one is .dsr. 

This problem is more conspicuous when you work in Serever / Client environment with Client and designer Client, both going on at the same time. What I mean is that, you do the programming while working on the database application at the same time at work.

It might not bother if the programmer  and user are two separate individuals.  Programmer comes, close down the server, that will unload all applications, start the server, load Desinger Client with .dsr or even start standalone designer and reconcile the application.  But for me, when programming work, office work with application and reconciling to be done while office is functioning routinely, can hinder a lot.

Am I making sense?  Does this bother anybody other than me? Thanks.

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: List of Open Databases
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 9:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Bharat_Naik,
This has been written up previously as a feature request and was passed along to the development team.

To help ensure that your future feature requests or support requests enter our queue, please use our Support Request form:
http://lantica.com/Support/support_request_form.html

IP Logged