Normal Topic Duplicate/mirror subform (Read 631 times)
lksseven

Duplicate/mirror subform
Apr 27th, 2009 at 2:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Somehow, in the beginning of my learning curve in February, I have a subform database (POLines)  that shows up twice in my Designer application menu ....
       Purch
         |
         |
          - POLines
         |
         |
          - POLines

I'd already done some coding in this subform, but ignored the duplicity until now (concentrating on other forms and db's in this application).  But now I need to fix this piece.  I know that if I delete one of the POLines db's, they will both be deleted.

I was going to:
- export this layout to xml,
- export the programming to a text file,
- delete the POLines database
- create a new POLines database
- create the database fields that were in the old POLines database
- import the old POLines layout form from the xml
- import the old POLines programming from the text file

Is this the simplest/best way to do this?

Sorry to be such a rookie (I've been too obsessed with learning the language and overlooked this piece of the structure).

Updated:  fyi, I did the above, and it seemed to have worked just fine ... live and learn!
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2009 at 3:39pm by lksseven »  

Larry
IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: Duplicate/mirror subform
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 3:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,
From what you are describing, it looks like you have two subform links on your parent form. Open your parent form and right click on the subform element. You will want to write down the subform's field name. Once you have the name of the subform field, you can close the parent form and go into the Field Manager.

In the field manager you will see two subrecord fields listed on the right hand side of the screen. You will want to use the transaction builder at the top of the screen to delete the subrecord field that is not on your parent form (the one that does not match what you wrote down earlier).

IP Logged

lksseven

Re: Duplicate/mirror subform
Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 5:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks, Ben!

Larry
IP Logged