Normal Topic Misfocus with tabpages with use of mouse (Read 720 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Misfocus with tabpages with use of mouse
Jun 16th, 2009 at 7:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have four tabpages in one of the forms. At times, when I use mouse, the focus goes on the other tabpage element that lies exactly under the element you are clicking on the present tabpage. The only way to find out where the focus has gone is to hit F6 (well, if you leave the tree open, the lower window will also show that the focus has gone to undesirable element on the different tab.)  This happens particularly when one uses mouse either to mark the text to copy or double click to highlight the whole word with certain elements.  Only way to release the focus is to goto the tabpage where the focus has gone and then bring the focus to current tabpage.

At times, if you use the mouse on one of the edges on the current element, it might work to bring back the focus but would not be possible to mark the text in the middle of the element, I believe the edge could be beyond the boundary of the element where focus goes because of some unknown reasons. This compares more like bleeding of ink on the paper... bleeding of mouse stroke on the other tabpage.

The above happens quite often and it could be duplicated every time.  I have been noticing this for quite sometimes but always found a way to deal with it and it never stopped me from whatever I wanted to do. But now it gets to be a little annoying and also I think there must be some reasons why it is happening like that and there may be some preventing measures that I can implement in my application.

I have been using the application for more than a year, everyday, six days a week.  This issue comes up practically everyday but since I know how to go around it, it did not become a stumbling block so far.

Your feedback and similar experience by other users and workaround solution will be appreciated.

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: Misfocus with tabpages with use of mouse
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 8:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat,
It sounds like you may have some stray throwfocus programming floating around. If you would like, we can take a look at your design files for you to see what is going on with your programming and tab pages. You can email your DSR & DDT files to support@lantica.com.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 8:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
I will go through all my ThrowFocus codes and do not find anything myself, I will send the application to support. I use ThrowFocus very sparingly. Thanks.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 6:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am trying isolate problem with ThrowFocus ( ) and stop the misfocus. Can the following code leads to problem of Focus?

Code
Select All
IF COND1 = "" THEN
	{
		ThrowFocus (DX1)
	}
	ELSE IF COND2 = "" THEN
	{
		ThrowFocus (DX2)
	}
	ELSE IF COND3 = "" THEN
	{
		ThrowFocus (DX3)
	}
	ELSE
	{
		ThrowFocus (LAB)
	}

ThrowFocus ( ) will push the programming to the end while Else if will push for ending the program if the condition is met. Just wondering!

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 3:02am
Print Post Print Post  
The misfocus with tabpage might have been solved. As I mentioned earlier I have four tabpages in a form and focus seems to go on the last tabpage when I click certain elements on first tabpage.

The following behavior helped me to narrow down the problem.

1. The misfocussing problem never happened with the first new record.
2. The focus goes to the element on the last tabpage on the element right beneath the element clicked on the first tabpage.
3. If I click the element in the corner where there is no element right under it on the last tabpage, it takes the focus as it should.  or if I click in the area where there is no element underneath it will take proper focus but this will make it almost impossible to mark any text for copy.
4. If I click the last tabpage tab and then first tabpage tab, the problem is solved for that record, but it will once again re-surface for the next record.

I save the record after completing the last tabpage and after saving the record, the focus remained on the last tabpage. For some strange reasons, simply navigating using tab keys did not bring the focus to first tabpage eventhough it could take all the data placed using the codes or even typing.  It also gave look of having proper focus until one uses the mouse.  When clicked the element, since the focus is still on the last tabpage, it gave the focus to the element on the last tabpage to the element right underneath the element.

The problem apparently seems to have resolved by putting the last command on form Exit - GotoTabPage (L01, 1), that will bring the focus to the first tabpage in the tabgroup and it will remain there with the new record.

I hope this will help someone with similar issue and help understand behavior of focus on exiting form especially with tabpages. I will really appreciate if someone will take time to throw more light on this.

« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2009 at 4:20am by Bharat_Naik »  

IP Logged