Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) inserting Google map into a Sales Order field (Read 4404 times)
The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: inserting Google map into a Sales Order field
Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 7:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Very helpful to this topic.
It is possible to save the image as a JPG or PNG?

As you know, Sesame does not embed images in the application file itself. Rather, it stores the path or URL to the image. So, to save the actual image from within Sesame, you would need to use the SBasic HTTP commands and decode the image. Why do you want to do this from within Sesame instead of allowing Sesame to retrieve the dynamic image from Google or pre-retrieving image and using that in Sesame?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Renato Piacenti

No personal text

Reply #16 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 1:02am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Mark,

In places where the internet does not work steadily, it would be interesting to assemble a database of images retrieved from google, taking the opportunity when the connection is stable.
If the Internet is not running the sasseme can not recover the dynamic image of Google, a crash occurring Sessame.
I wrote the code to be executed in the output of the ZIP field, if problems occur with the connection sesame crash.

Renato Piacenti&&Manaus Amazonas Brazil&&Aqui a Floresta esta sendo preservada.&&Preserve a sua tamb�m.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #17 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 1:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'll look into it.

Edit: I did look into it. On Linux the connection times out harmlessly. On Windows the program will wait until the OS times out the connection - a period of time longer than I was willing to wait. In neither case did Sesame crash. I could probably force a time out on the connection itself (rather than counting on the OS for a reasonable value), though I'm not sure how long is long enough, yet not too long.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #18 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 1:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Renato,

If you want the static image, just launch the url in your browser, right-click on the resulting image and save it to wherever you want.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Renato Piacenti

No personal text

Reply #19 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 5:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Mark and Hammer.
It was a great help to explanations and suggestions.

Renato Piacenti&&Manaus Amazonas Brazil&&Aqui a Floresta esta sendo preservada.&&Preserve a sua tamb�m.

IP Logged

Renato Piacenti

No personal text

Reply #20 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 9:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Mark,

The code works fine in my home where I have direct and unrestricted access to the Internet, but the company is Internet access through proxy and requires a login and password with every request for access to the internet.
How to authenticate access to the internet when an application developed in sesame, requires access to the Internet through this proxy environment?
Recalling the standard enterprise security only allows connection to the Internet through Proxy.

Undecided

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #21 - Aug 18th, 2010 at 2:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
It is very atypical that a security proxy would require a password for each connection. That would make viewing a modern web page like cnn.com require dozens of password requests as it loads because that page is comprised of "pass-through" connections to multiple servers all on a single page - many simply to serve the advertising that appears on the page. So I am guessing that your proxy is requiring a password for each new top level connection. If that is the case, you will probably have to either log in to the same connection by hand (in a browser) once before invoking Sesame through the same proxy connection, or you will have to reconfigure the terms of the proxy. I recommend that latter solution. Speak to your administrator about what you are attempting to do and see if they can help you configure a more reasonable connection.

The only reason to configure a proxy with an ongoing stream of passwords is to discourage internet connections in general. If this connection is being used to add value to your company, it is very likely an "exception" could be made for google maps or charts.

IP Logged

Renato Piacenti

No personal text

Reply #22 - Aug 18th, 2010 at 7:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Mark

In conversation with the administrator of the network I got the "exception" required.
His answer was very helpful for me to get this "Miracle."   Wink

Thanks Mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print