Normal Topic Table View Questions (Read 993 times)
NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Table View Questions
Jul 22nd, 2009 at 2:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
This pertains to the old 1.1 which I know is not supported anymore but perhaps someone can still answer my questions.

In the Customers db in Samples the sample Table View on page 204 displays the elements in the same order in which they appear on the form. When I go into Table View (shift-f6) the last name is displayed after the key field and before the first name field. How is this accomplished? Can a form be made to appear in table view a certain way all the time without manually rearranging it every time you want to view it that way?

Also, and I'm pretty sure I read this in the forum at one time but can't seem to find it, the sample on page 204 also shows the Key field display the first key number as a three-digit number (939) while in reality the Table View will display it as 939.000000. I seem to remember that nothing can be done about this. Is that correct?

Been awhile since I've posted since we haven't migrated to 2.1 yet. I think that is coming pretty soon so I hope to be rejoining you all in the near future. I feel like I've missed out on so many things - can't get my bosses to budge, but the new boss seems interested.

Fred

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Table View Questions
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 6:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
NICEBERG wrote on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 2:53pm:
This pertains to the old 1.1 which I know is not supported anymore but perhaps someone can still answer my questions.

In the Customers db in Samples the sample Table View on page 204 displays the elements in the same order in which they appear on the form. When I go into Table View (shift-f6) the last name is displayed after the key field and before the first name field. How is this accomplished? Can a form be made to appear in table view a certain way all the time without manually rearranging it every time you want to view it that way?

In 1.x, the table places element columns in "engine order". That is the order in which the elements are stored in the list passed from the engine to the client. It is likely that this corresponds to the order in which the elements were made.

Quote:
Also, and I'm pretty sure I read this in the forum at one time but can't seem to find it, the sample on page 204 also shows the Key field display the first key number as a three-digit number (939) while in reality the Table View will display it as 939.000000. I seem to remember that nothing can be done about this. Is that correct?

Table view in 1.x shows values with as little formatting as possible. I believe there was a while when Customers.db actually used an "integer" data type for the key value. I'm not sure if that data type was retained through the first couple of releases or was discontinued before the first release.

Erika informs me that the integer type was made unavailable through the user interface before the first release. The first Customers.db was made well before the first release and may have had an field (Key) of type integer.

Quote:
Been awhile since I've posted since we haven't migrated to 2.1 yet. I think that is coming pretty soon so I hope to be rejoining you all in the near future. I feel like I've missed out on so many things - can't get my bosses to budge, but the new boss seems interested.
Fred

There are a lot of good reasons to upgrade.  

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 2:37am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:

That's an understatement! Smiley

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Oh, I know there are - I learned much from Erika's live demonstration sessions. My hands are tied on this though.

Thanks for the clarification Mark - gives me a little more ammo.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

That's an understatement! Smiley

Thanks Carl! We have some real nice stuff in the works for V3.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 2:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
Can't wait for v3.0!!!

IP Logged

lksseven

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 7:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
My visa card is twitching at the bit ...

Larry
IP Logged