Normal Topic Emailing a Form (Read 731 times)
JimChet

No personal text

Emailing a Form
Aug 26th, 2009 at 5:45am
Print Post Print Post  
I'm trying to email a Sesame Form but having trouble.
Example:  I "Save Current Record as HTML", then I "Send Page by email".
If I attach the record, the record prints in the body of the email (not in the form format) but with the LE's stacked in a column.  The actual form comes out in the attachment, but, how do I get rid of the LE's in the body of the email?
Help is appreciated.

Jim

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: Emailing a Form
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2009 at 1:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Depending on the settings in your email client you may have some difficulty sending HTML files. By default most email clients want to show any attachments that they can successfully convert (text files, images, HTML, etc.)  inline with the rest of your email.  In most email clients there are options to turn off this feature.

In Mozilla Thunderbird the setting can be found under the 'View > Display Attachments Inline' menu item.

Note: This will only change how the messages display for you. To prevent similar behavior in the message the recipient receives you will want to send the HTML file in a compressed folder. This will prevent the recipient's email client from displaying the file inline.

IP Logged

JimChet

No personal text

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 6:49am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Ben, for the input.
Is there any other way to email a form besides html?

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 12:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
It depends on your goals. If you are trying to send something that is functional (can be used as a form) in some way, you can send zipped HTML. If they have Sesame, you can send XML or a DSR file. If you only want to send an image of the form, you can send a screenshot as an image file.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged