Normal Topic Problem with reconcile after re-designing (Read 511 times)
airjordan

Problem with reconcile after re-designing
Sep 11th, 2009 at 6:48am
Print Post Print Post  
Having a problem with Reconcile after re-designing an app.

Original DB translated from Q&A and I have been redesigning the new translated Sesame DB while users are still using the live Q&A DB.

Have completed the design now and while reconciling and testing works while developing, when I translate the latest Q&A DB then try to reconcile with the new DSR, I get a warning that the design may be different and may not work properly - continue anyway?

I reconcile and on initial look the DB file is of the correct size. As soon as I open the new reconciled app, I notice the DB file shrink in size to about 132kb and now all data records are deleted/missing?

Any help would be great.

Cheers

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Problem with reconcile after re-designing
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 11:53am
Print Post Print Post  
It's noticed that the DB you are trying to reconcile is not the same file that you originally made the DSR from. The reason why you are losing all your records is that it does not recognize the database in the DSR as being the same database as the one in the DB, so it creates the one from the DSR and deletes the one in the DB since it does not exist in the DSR. (The matching is not done by name as you can rename a database as part of your design changes.)

What you need to do at this point is make a DB from your DSR, delete any records from it, then import the Q&A records into it instead of retranslating the Q&A database.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged