Normal Topic what causes a db file to be locked? (Read 736 times)
airjordan

what causes a db file to be locked?
Sep 24th, 2009 at 11:49am
Print Post Print Post  
I am serving a db to a few users. At the moment we only have about 3 users with a 18 user licence.

Lately the DB file is becoming locked and users can't open it. I have to shutdown the server and unlock the db file.
It has only seem to start happening since i ran the Sesame server with the -web_server option.

Is there a problem running Sesame server for both serving Sesame clients and web clients?

In my case, we are serving a few DB's and the one that is getting locked is not the one served through the webserver.
Just wondering if running with the webserver option is causing some problems with Sesame server itself.

IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Re: what causes a db file to be locked?
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 1:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Most of the time it's caused by a user exiting Sesame the wrong way. "ctl-alt-del" or hitting the "X" instead of using the menu. A sesame database is still residing in Sesame Server until all clients have exited. The server must be shutdown using the server admin module.

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 1:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Airjordan,
From what you are describing it sounds like you may have a user or two that is connecting as a standalone user. Please check to make sure that all of the Sesame user icons include '-client ServerName'.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 8:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged