Normal Topic Redesign of a form (Read 573 times)
beckym0127

Redesign of a form
Oct 1st, 2009 at 4:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Smiley  I have transferred from Q&A to Sesame.  This program is more difficult that Q&A! 

Embarrassed 1.)  When the data was transferred it does not seem that the formulas was tranfereered because when the data is changed the result does not change.
Embarrassed 2.)  I changed the format of the form and saved the program layout and saved but when I close designer and return to the database the changes do not appear.

Please be patient, I am new to the Sesame Software.
Thanks!

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Redesign of a form
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 5:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
beckym0127 wrote on Oct 1st, 2009 at 4:03pm:
1.)  When the data was transferred it does not seem that the formulas was tranfereered because when the data is changed the result does not change.

Are you getting any kind of error message when you open the form? If your program uses something like @XLookup to change values, you will need to adjust where it looks for those values. It may still be looking for the Q&A database.

Quote:
2.)  I changed the format of the form and saved the program layout and saved but when I close designer and return to the database the changes do not appear.

When you make changes in Designer, you are working on a copy of your database. You need to Reconcile your changes to the db. See page 170 of the Sesame User Guide.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged