Normal Topic Question regarding batch printing (Read 692 times)
Cliff

Question regarding batch printing
Oct 16th, 2009 at 5:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
Has anyone worked out a way to select a number of various documents from a list to submit print jobs to?  Current print mechanisms seem to suggest that the only way print jobs can be done is either singly to one document at a time or a batch job of may records to one document at a time.  I would like to be able to select a range of various documents as a "package".

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Question regarding batch printing
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 5:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sure! You just do what you do for each single document, but for each item in a list. You can create the list of documents by a set of checkboxes, allowing the user to make repeated selections from a popup list of available documents or any such method.

Once you have the list of documents, you can cycle through it using the String Array commands printing each one. Your list might look something like:
Outgoing Title;Odometer Statement;Finance Agreement;Sale Receipt

By cycling through the items in that list, you can print all four documents at one "Go" command from the user. This also allows you to pause and prompt user to load the correct preprinted form into the printer and stuff like that.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Cliff

Re: Question regarding batch printing
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 5:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you!! I figured there had to be a way...while by no means an expert in Sesame I am finding that it can do almost anything...!!

IP Logged