Normal Topic NotifyForm(NOTIFY_FORM_EXTEND_DISABLED) (Read 639 times)
Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

NotifyForm(NOTIFY_FORM_EXTEND_DISABLED)
Mar 11th, 2010 at 1:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
Erica wrote:
Quote:
For starters, you don't have to do the position checking. You can just drop NotifyForm(NOTIFY_FORM_EXTEND_DISABLED) into GLOBAL CODE for the Form and be done with it. Extend Mode does not prevent you from advancing around existing records, only from making new ones.

I'd look at your buttons and see if any of them are setting NotifyForm(NOTIFY_FORM_EXTEND_ENABLED). If they are, take it out.

This is working well in all my database forms, for both Add mode and Update, except for my Equipment database.  When I put it in Global Code in that form, none of the elements or command buttons are accessible in Add mode.  Search works fine.  But in Add mode the form is as if it were just drawn onscreen.  I'm not sure where to begin looking for the reason why this is.  For now I've gone back to the previous code in Form->On-Form-Entry.  Any suggestions?  I realize it would just be shooting from the hip without seeing all my other code for that form.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: NotifyForm(NOTIFY_FORM_EXTEND_DISABLED)
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 2:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Infinity,
We just tested NotifyForm() here and cannot reproduce the read only elements that you are describing. Can you send in your dsr and ddt files so that we can take a look at the rest of your programming?

-Ben

IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 3:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
I will, thank Ben.  It will take a while though, because I want to remove the records from Customer, Invoice, Workorder and Employee databases, both for security reasons and to make the filesize smaller (my databases are huge).

Thanks!

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 4:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Email is on its way to Support.  SBAS files have been attached, and the DSR and DDT files were uploaded to our web site.  Thank you for your help.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged