Normal Topic Reparenting feature (Read 865 times)
Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reparenting feature
Apr 6th, 2010 at 5:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
We finally moved up to 2.5.1 and we excited about the all the new gadgets and features! Nice work, and thank you!

After wrestling with quite  a few re-parenting issues in version 1.1.5, I am especially pleased to see the 'reparent' feature included in 2.5.1. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work forme. I get a message stating: Error. The reparenting operation has failed. It may be that one of the records involved is being held by another user.

Matching up the key values was fine. The stand-alone records ARE from a naturally linked database. Parent records were not locked or in use. I even exported the records from parent and child database, imported, and tried on the new batch of records. I also reloaded the database in hopes of clearing the 'data cache'. Still no luck. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Reparenting feature
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 8:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Steve,

I just tried this here with countries and I do not get that error message. Can you send in your DB and DAT files so we can try the re-parent here? Please be sure to include the name of the subform that you are working on, and any logins or passwords we may need.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 9:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have been using ver. 2.5 and reparenting all the time. No problem at all. Steve, can you post your code here?

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 9:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
No code to post. I'm using the built in 'reparent' command on the command tree in search/update mode. Seems pretty straight forward but doesn't want to work. I'll shut down the server and try again tonight.

I'll also try a different form and database just to see if I can get something positive from sesame before I tie up any more of Ray's time. Smiley

IP Logged