Normal Topic While Designing, all elements disappeared (Read 985 times)
burbak

While Designing, all elements disappeared
Oct 15th, 2010 at 7:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
New to Sesame. This was my first application. Nothing fancy, I have a form with 3 Tab Pages. Each page contains 28 Multi-Line Text Boxes. I was just finishing up adding the text boxes (I was duplicating one of them and moving it onto the Tab Page and the whole thing disappeared. I don't think I saved it after that. I closed down without saving, but when I re-opened the design, nothing was there.

Under the Layout Element Adder, in the Bind Element To drop-down, I can see all of the textbox names listed. Is this just trashed or is there an easy way to recover my design?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: While Designing, all elements disappeared
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 7:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
It sounds like you may have just dragged your tab group off the form and now it's behind your canvas. If you send it into Support, we can check it out for you.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

burbak

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 8:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi and Thanks for replying.

That's what I thought too. I'd played around with the canvas size to see if I could see it. What made me think that is that I couldn't shrink the canvas past a certain size. Since posting I've tried several things. All of a sudden it re-appeared.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 8:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Glad you got back on track. Let us know if need anything else.  Smiley

- Hammer
IP Logged

NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:18am
Print Post Print Post  
I'm NOT sorry, but I just have to comment on this one. I remember when I was first starting out with designing new apps and all, I ran into a lot of issues and I asked for a lot of help. I couldn't have gotten to where I did without all the outstanding help that I received from all the Lanticians, Sesame Pros, Sesame Users, et al. I'm so glad and happy this has continued over all these years. I love reading about the new issues and problems in the updated version of Sesame, and all the support that is out there. Case in point, Ben just helped me with another issue the other day, and I'm still on  1.1.5. (company mandated but also used at home to stay in line with my work). And yet, support is no longer available for my version. Yeah Ben!

Anyway, what I'm getting to - just a super big "Thank You" to all the wonderful folks who are on this forum and especially the wonderful folks at Lantica who so selflessly give their time, effort, expertise and knowledge to make all of our lives a little easier to deal with. Being a little bit of a geek myself I know where the inner satisfaction comes from, but still, thanks again for the outstanding support, direction, advice, and all the other little tricks you guys pull off. Has there been any problem you guys(gals) have NOT been able to solve??

Regards,
Fred

IP Logged

lksseven

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 2:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
Fred,

+1 !

Larry
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 2:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Smiley
Thanks, folks. I'm glad we're doing well for you. We put a lot of effort into Sesame every day, and it's always exciting to us to see what you folks are doing with it.

- Hammer
IP Logged