Normal Topic Apple (Read 463 times)
wildwood

No personal text

Apple
Nov 13th, 2010 at 10:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have been a, loyal,member of Q&A and Sesame since 1988. Tech support, via your forum, has been superb. I do alot of video and photo work and am looking into getting a new computer as my PC laptop is ready for the dumpster. I was strongly thinking of getting an Apple Mac Book as their OS I have found to be stronger for my work projects. [b]Can Sesame somehow run on an Apple?? [/b]I prefer to work from just one computer, as finances are a bit tight, rather than purchasing a PC for working with Sesame and an Apple for my video work.

Thanks,
Peter

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Apple
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 2:39am
Print Post Print Post  
I would love to build a version of Sesame for Apple. The current Apple OS is a variation of Unix. We already sell Sesame for Linux, another variation of Unix. Unfortunately, there is not now a version of Sesame built for Apple. You can, on the other hand, run Sesame on Windows or Linux, running inside a "virtual machine" running on OSX (Apple's OS). I regularly run Windows XP in a virtual machine on several of my Linux computers. There are several free virtual machines available, and I believe that many of them run on OSX.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

wildwood

No personal text

Re: Apple
Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 8:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Mark...........I'll just keep hangin' on till ya do.

Peter

IP Logged