Normal Topic Q&A translated to Sesame: design question (Read 1287 times)
AnneS

Q&A translated to Sesame: design question
Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi, I'm a new Sesame user as I have stubbornly stuck to Q&A. But now it's time to change!
I have successfully translated the first of my databases - so far so good. In the documentation received with the programme and manuals, there is a splendid page that shows the DOS formatted layout after the translation. Then a beautiful screenshot of the layout "after a couple of minutes with Sesame Designer". But how to get there? "only a few minutes of effort in Sesame Designer.."  Huh

My question:
I have studied "how to make a database from scratch" and how to make changes.. But I have not been able, yet, to find where in the books there are examples of the change in design from Q&A DOS to Sesame. When I try now, everything gets mangled up.
Can someone point me to page X in the Used Guide or help in any other way? I know I'm missing something simple here...
Smiley

Thanks in advance, Anne

IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Re: Q&A translated to Sesame: design question
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post Print Post  

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Anne,

Send an e-mail to support@lantica.com and ask for the 20 Minute Makeover document. It's a PDF file that will lead you through changing the translated Q&A form.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

AnneS

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 4:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Hello Anne,

Send an e-mail to support@lantica.com and ask for the 20 Minute Makeover document. It's a PDF file that will lead you through changing the translated Q&A form.

-Ray

Will do - this sounds like the tool I need. I have been able to change the background colour, but then I get stuck.. Thanks!
have a nice weekend,
Anne

IP Logged