Normal Topic Application merge...share form/report names (Read 1223 times)
LP

Application merge...share form/report names
Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm getting the message "applications share form/report names" error when I attempt to merge applications. I cannot find any forms or reports with the same names in the two applications. Can anyone provide some advice?  Sad

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Application merge...share form/report names
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Do they both have a lookup table?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

LP

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 12:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yes and no. Both applications are tranlated from Q&A. Both show under "Add Lookup Table form", "Lookup Table form" which have 3 column x 4 row structure. No lookup tables are being used currently in the Sesane applications. Only one of the applications is using a "lookup table" array. All past Q&A lookup references in the programming have been removed. Is there a way to remove the "Lookup Table form" that seems to be common in both applications?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 1:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
As both those forms/databases have the same name, they will cause the merge collision error you are seeing. You can remove one or both of them in SDesigner by using the Field Manager which is on the Application Menu under Manage A Database->YourDatabaseName->Manage Fields.

- Hammer
IP Logged

LP

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks......forward I go into another brick wall. The merged application works in preview but not in run mode. I reconciled the application that I merged to, but the form that was merged has no records when I search in run mode. In preview they are all there. I'm a old dog Q&A user and a Sesame greenhorn!

IP Logged

LP

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Problem resolved....I think. I saved it as a new application and it appears fine. Looked for DSR to load in designer....not there...loaded DB and when I returned the DSR file was there.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
LP wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:04pm:
Problem resolved....I think. I saved it as a new application and it appears fine. Looked for DSR to load in designer....not there...loaded DB and when I returned the DSR file was there.

That makes sense. The whole point of Reconcile is that it updates the design without messing with the records. Records in the dsr will not be added to the db on a Reconcile. So..no brick wall!  Smiley

BTW, if you do ever feel like you've hit a wall, please don't feel like you have to just bang your head on it. Ask here or contact Support and we'll be glad to help you out.

- Hammer
IP Logged

LP

Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 6:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you again for your assistance. In the past I was working with a combination of Q&A dos and Q&A windows. After 25 years of Q&A I'm finally moving forward.

IP Logged