Normal Topic Display information in table format on form (Read 414 times)
Rick_R

Display information in table format on form
Feb 17th, 2011 at 7:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm looking to display information in a scrollable window on a form--but in a table format.

Specifically, I'm looking to create help screens with format similar to this (including the blank line):
Topic #1 Label -

This will be the text of the first topic, multi-line.
It would be necessary to vertically align text to the
top so labels are at the beginning of the text.
Topic #2 Label -   Multi-line text of topic 2, etc.

Right now I have two static text fields next to each other attached to a scroll region but getting everything to line up quickly becomes a problem and there doesn't seem to be a way to outdent text (which, of course, doesn't surprise me).

Unless I create a separate Help database, information on the form will not consist of database data and in any case it will not be related to the main database.

IP Logged

Rick_R

Re: Display information in table format on form
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 9:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Never mind (unless someone just wants to suggest an approach for future reference).

My goal is to have Help in a separate window activated by clicking on an image.  I realized that rather than setting up Help in Sesame it would be easier and more versatile to just use HTML pages and have the Help window be a web browser rather than a Sesame form.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Display information in table format on form
Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 11:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame has a customizable help system available. Additionally there are several popup windows choices available that can all do the layout you are asking for. You can also place your help system in a form by using a scroll region (and form-as-dialog). To get the labels and the text to line up use a separate static text element for each piece, rather than combining the label and the text in a single element. There many possibilities.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged