Normal Topic Biometrics (Read 434 times)
Anthony

Biometrics
Mar 7th, 2011 at 8:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello, Everyone!

I'm a new user to Sesame 2.5.2 (a cross-over from DOS Q&A 4.0) and I had a couple of questions for an
application that I am developing:

Is anyone using biometrics (fingerprint or facial recognition) for developing and accessing databases?
Are there any pitfalls and is it difficult to incorporate into the databases?

I'd like to be able to retrieve a user's records based on their biometric, instead of having them enter
anything into the keyboard, so if anyone has any advice, I'd be most appreciative!

Thanks and have a GREAT day!

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: Biometrics
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2011 at 9:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Anthony,

Welcome to the Forum!

As far as using your Biometric device, it will depend on the device itself. I have used a mag card reader, a retina reader and plain barcode badges to identify a user. It can be as basic as having the output of the device replace the keyboard input (and that output being the password)  into Sesames built in security. I have also used them in a more advanced manner where my Sesame application was already open and the device wrote the data out to a file and I used Sbasic (Sesames programming Language) to easily read the file, parse the data and use it in a element that I created as my password / security field.

I am sure If you post exactly what you want to do and how you plan on using it someone on this forum can help. You will find Sesame extremely powerful while being very easy to learn.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged