Normal Topic SMS from Sesame (Read 543 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

SMS from Sesame
Apr 4th, 2011 at 1:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
Is there any way to send SMS from within Sesame? Is there any script available that could be used with @RedirectProcess ( ) command?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: SMS from Sesame
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 2:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Bharat,

I looked into this a couple years back for a client and can share my findings with you. Now it was a few years ago so my brain is a bit fuzzy but here is what I can remember. Also since this was a few years ago I am certain there are far more options then there was when I was looking.

There are several programs available for a cost, some monthly some only at purchase, that can be called with @RedirectProcess to send a SMS to any phone. Some require a phone to be tethered to the computer and they use that phone to send the SMS.

There are several Freeware Programs that can send SMS messages but these can only send to SMS to phones on certain carriers.

Verizon, Cingular, Sprint, Nextel, AT&T and several other carriers have e-mail to SMS capabilities so you can send an e-mail to 5558675309@vtext.com and the person with the cell phone number on the Verizon network with the phone number 1-555-867-5309 will get a SMS message. This is free but you have to know what carrier every number is on and not all carriers have this capability.

If you want I can look around later for my notes on my findings as I am sure I still have them just not sure which folder they are in.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged