Normal Topic Failed to open (Read 730 times)
magicfish

Failed to open
Jul 25th, 2011 at 5:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
I just got back from holidays and I have done a lot of work in one of my databases this morning and now it won't open. The error message I get is:
Database e:\Sesame2\Data\CCR\AR.db failed to open
Error: failure while loading application: e:\Sesame2\Data\CCR\AR.db

What causes this?
I hope there is a way to fix it without having to re-enter everything I did this morning. I'm way behind as it is.  Sad

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: Failed to open
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 6:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello MagicFish,

Would it be possible for you to send in your DB & DAT files to support for repair. The files may be zipped and sent via email to support@lantica.com - or - uploaded via our ticket system at: http://lantica.com/support/contact

We will take a look at them as soon as we receive them.

Quote:
What causes this?

Typically this is caused by a third-party application or the OS itself interrupting Sesame while it is writing back to the database file. Power outages during save, Windows setting files to read-only, anti-virus software or scheduled backups could also be culprits.

Did you experience a power outage, network trouble or anything out of the ordinary (specifically a message that the file was read-only) while the files were in use?

Quote:
I hope there is a way to fix it without having to re-enter everything I did this morning.

We will certainly try our best. What percentage does the file load to before you get the warning message?

IP Logged

magicfish

Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 7:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ben,
I have sent an email with the zip file and answers to your comments.
Thanks,
Glenn

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 8:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Your repaired files are on their way back now and appear to be fine. Please let us know if you notice anything is amiss or incorrect.

IP Logged