Normal Topic "NO HARD DISK" (Read 717 times)
SpencerWulwick
Members

"NO HARD DISK"
Aug 3rd, 2011 at 2:56am
Print Post Print Post  
This just started happening a few hours ago - out of the clear blue sky - and I don't have a clue what is going on except that I need help!!!

When I click on my icon to start sesame, I get a window that is titled “sesame.exe – No Disk”

In the window (after the “x”) it says:

There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into drive
\Device\Harddisk\DR4

My options are to Cancel, Try Again or Continue (and, of course the “x” to close the window)

If I keep clicking (on any of the options, I believe) the database manager opens, and I can open a file; however the window reappears and I must keep clicking for the database to open.

Likewise, when I click on “x” to close the database the same message appears again, and I must go through several clicks to close it.

I have no idea whether this problem relates to sesame or, perhaps, to my computer … but, in any event, it is driving me crazy and I would appreciate help in getting it solved.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: "NO HARD DISK"
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 1:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Spencer,

In your C:\Sesame2 folder(or the folder where Sesame is installed), You will find a file named sesame_recent_files.txt
Right Click on that file and choose Delete
Sesame will now start without any error messages.

What can happen sometimes in Windows is a USB drive or other removable hard drive is removed from the system but the system still believes it to be there, until it tries to access it which causes the error message you are getting.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 1:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ray -

BLESS YOU.  You have made my day.

You are absolutely right - I recently added a broadband USB for wireless internet connections and inadvertently removed it without first disconnecting it.  It was immediately after that (although I didn't connect the two events at the time) when the problem started.

I am absolutely thrilled that you are aware of this and that the solution is so increidibly simple.

Thanks you!!!!

_ Spencer

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

lksseven

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 3:44am
Print Post Print Post  
I think the same problem/message can occur if there is no dvd in the server dvd drive.  I solved the problem by sticking a dvd disc in the drive.  But now I'll take a look at the file you suggested.

Larry
IP Logged