Normal Topic Recipe Database (Read 624 times)
SpencerWulwick
Members

Recipe Database
Aug 13th, 2011 at 8:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi -

I am pleased to say that I have now finally created a Recipe database (having used the CharityDonors sample as my "template") and I am very happy with the results.

My first question is:  Is there a place where I can post it on this forum to make it available to others.  I would welcome their input and any suggestions they might like to make to improve on it.

My next question (and there will probably be more as I continue to work on it) is:  Is it possible to add a "button" (or whatever) that would allow me to modify the "Quantity" (a numeric field in the subform)?  In other words I might want to have the quantity of every ingredient (in the subform) multipled by .5 (to cut the recipe in half) or by 2 (to double the recipe).

I look forward to your response and thanks, again, for all your support.

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2011 at 4:12pm by SpencerWulwick »  

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: Recipe Database
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 2:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Spencer,

You can email your Recipe application files to lantica@lantica.com. We'll mount the files on our server for download (after virus-checking them), and place a link and description of the application on the Sample Applications board.  

====

To offer the ability to change the ingredient quantities, you will want to look into adding a combo box and performing the calculations in the combo box's on immediate change event.

The actual code behind the quantity changes will depend on how your ingredient quantities are stored.

-Ben

IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Re: Recipe Database
Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ben -

I have sent you an email with the files attached (along with a request for a little further clarification).

Thanks very much

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged