Normal Topic What more can you ask for? (Read 393 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

What more can you ask for?
Nov 2nd, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Whenever I am confronted with any problems related to Sesame, I depend on forum feedback and so far it has worked every time. But yesterday, I was confronted with system crash and there was no time to wait for brainstorming or pigeon holing the problem. I have to get the system running within minutes or face the wrath of all my clients and losing them for good. I was running out of options having tried everything I knew after working with the program right from its inception. Minutes were feeling like hours. Out of desperation, I reached out to Sesame Support by phone and relieved to some extent hearing real human voice at the other end. I was ecstatic when I got to speak to Ray directly. He immediately connected to my computer using GoToMeeting and worked right in front of my eyes to narrow down the problem. It was indeed a great learning experience to see him working isolating the problem. He had to dig through my poorly written codes. The problem was determined to be a problematic one of the satellite applications. All satellite applications were restored from previous day backup and I was back in the business once again. Thanks Ray.

No where in the world, one can expect to have support like this. It is indeed very comforting to know that some expert is always available to address the problem you are likely to be confronted with. In the Database System development business, it not if but when and how often you will face the problems.  Thanks a lot, Lantican Support Team.   

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: What more can you ask for?
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 5:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
You are quite welcome Bharat. It was a pleasure to talk to you on the phone and as for your "poorly written code", Trust me when I say it's really not that poorly written and I have seen far far far worse in my time.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Re: What more can you ask for?
Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 12:55am
Print Post Print Post  
I'd also like to jump on board and say that I, too, have received nothing but stellar help from the Sesame Guru's.

Ray has bailed us out on numerous occasions. Last month, he called me at 5 minutes after 5pm on a Friday to rescue our crashed database. Monday morning would have been a disaster for me had he not stayed late to fix our issue.

Mark and Erika are always outstanding at solving issues, answering questions, and keeping us trucking.

They are a devoted team, and it shows. Not many companies are like that these days.

Rock on, Lantica!

IP Logged