Normal Topic Saved Specs Attached to Reports (Read 492 times)
NHUser

Saved Specs Attached to Reports
Nov 3rd, 2011 at 3:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have several reports that have Saved specs attached.  I've tried changing the saved specs on my active Sesame session, but the report ignores the change.  Are saved specs attached to reports only allowed to be changed in Designer?

IP Logged

Jess
Lantica Support
Members

There's no "I" in Team.
But there's 2 in Martini.

Re: Saved Specs Attached to Reports
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yes, saved specs are attached to the report in SDesigner.

Attached specs take precedence over any retrieve or sort you used to get your current result set. If there are both retrieve and sort specs saved with your report, any result set (retrieved records) you obtain in Sesame will be ignored by the report when run. If only a retrieve spec is attached, the report will override only the current retrieve. If only a sort spec is attached, the report will override only the current sort.

It is recommended that you attach a sort spec to the report design, but leave the retrieve spec out. This way, your result set of records will be the ones included in the report - in the attached sort spec order - and it will be easy to run the same report against any result set.

Attaching a saved spec makes a copy of that spec in your report. Later changes made to the original saved spec will not affect the report design.

Hope that helps!!
Jessica

IP Logged

NHUser

Re: Saved Specs Attached to Reports
Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 8:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yeah, that's what I thought was happening, but I was hoping for a quick fix.

Thanks!

IP Logged