Normal Topic server problems (Read 653 times)
debmckee

server problems
Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Do we have to run the program on the server?  We have so MANY problems.  Right now I can't sesame to connect to the server.  What are the "issues" is we run the program as a stand alone on each computer and just have the data on the server?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: server problems
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
If you want to share the data with multiple Sesame clients at once, you need to have a Sesame server running.

Do your problems include anything other than needing to unload the databases you use for xlookups on those occasions when you need to reconcile one of them? If so, what issues are you referring to?

As to connecting, you were able to connect fine earlier this morning. What changed?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

debmckee

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame locked up on saving a design file.  Since then nothing has worked.   When our server starts up, sesame starts running.  I have had to "log" on to our server each and every time i open sesame since then.   Designer is stand alone and it works wonderful.   There are a couple of error msgs in there.  One is "record set outside boundaries" and "communications error on notify socket".

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Deb,

The Error:

debmckee wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:31pm:
"communications error on notify socket".

Usually means that the ports Sesame uses to communicate are being closed on us. Since this wasn't happening earlier when I was on the phone with you, I would recommend doing a reboot of the entire Server computer.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged