Normal Topic Server problems (Read 422 times)
debmckee

Server problems
Feb 13th, 2012 at 11:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sometimes when I go to reconcile my dsr file, I get a message saying file in use.  I check and the only ip address with it open is me. (but i don't) If I look on the server it says ( 0 of 26 licenses )that nobody has it open.  If I go into admin, it "fails" to unlock and if I go to unload.........the file is not listed.    This happens quite frequently.  Also,  sometimes Sesame is freezing on the server. Is that a windows 7 issue? or a sesame issue?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Server problems
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 4:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Are you redesigning Client/Server or Standalone?

If the DB file fails to unlock but is not shown as loaded in Server Admin by a client, then either it is open by a standalone copy of Sesame or the DB file is set as Read-Only in Windows?

As for Sesame Server freezing, it could be that it's actually busy, compiling a large report, running a complex search or some other server intense operation. If you let it run does it come back to life?

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

debmckee

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 6:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ok, comment # 1 answered my question,  this is when I have opened it through designer. 
Comment # 2 - I am getting the "windows" message that sesame is not responding.....

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 6:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
debmckee wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 6:10pm:
Comment # 2 - I am getting the "windows" message that sesame is not responding.....

Even though Windows says it is not responding, it could very well still be running and just too busy to answer Windows "Are you awake?" pokes. Check the Task Manager to see if the Sesame Server is using CPU and memory. One thing you can do is try to narrow down when it happens as that will give us a better idea of what to look into.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged