Normal Topic Limit User to a Single Form (Read 423 times)
Acebanner

Limit User to a Single Form
Mar 7th, 2012 at 7:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
I've added a 'PACKAGES' database to my existing application. It will accessible by my shipping manager, and by my sales rep -- but I don't want the shipping manager to be able to get into any of the other forms. I've created a 'user' named 'Shipping'. How can I tell Sesame that when that user logs on to go directly to a particular form.

I figure my other options are to separate the database into its own application (Bleh.) or to slog through all the security programming and prevent this user from accessing anything else. (Double Bleh.)

Suggestions?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Limit User to a Single Form
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 10:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,

In the On Application Open programming event check @UserID(). If it is Shipping, then use @SelectTreeItem() to open the Packages database in Search/Update. Also use @HideTreeItem() to hide the other databases and forms so they can not be seen by that user.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Acebanner

Re: Limit User to a Single Form
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 2:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you, Ray! That worked. It required that I remove the default menu from the application, and put in application programming that either opened the shipping form OR what been the startup menu form. Thanks a lot!

IP Logged