Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) sesame server crash, but clients think all is well (Read 2224 times)
lksseven

Re: sesame server crash, but clients think all is well
Reply #15 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:26am
Print Post Print Post  
Ray,

This is exactly what I'm going to look for next.  Had a lockup issue on a different workstation (meaning that someone couldn't get in a specific PO record because someone else had been in it earlier in the day, and Sesame showed it as 'locked'.  So that seems to rule out a faulty cable or network switch (different nodes).  I was sooooo hoping it was a hardware issue, and not a 'Larry' issue ....

Larry
IP Logged

lksseven

Reply #16 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 3:44am
Print Post Print Post  
I found it.  A missing XResultSetClose.  Ray, you hit the nail on the head.  Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Larry
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #17 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 2:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
lksseven wrote on Apr 19th, 2012 at 3:44am:
Ray, you hit the nail on the head.  Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

You're welcome. Now for the future if the record stayed locked even after you closed all the client's, then you would wanna look at the network if it kept happening over and over again. Cause that would mean that the client that had that record open was suddenly closed, and unable to tell the server goodbye and unlock the record. So causes are power outage, general computer failure or network components dropping the connections.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print