Normal Topic Trivial Sbasic code printing question. (Read 717 times)
BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Trivial Sbasic code printing question.
May 21st, 2012 at 5:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Trivial Sbasic code printing question.

As I try to improve my Sbasic skills I often like to print my Sbasic code to paper so I can more easily match up brackets  and mark the code up a bit.

My typical method is while in the program editor  using  the file print feature supplied in Sbasic editor.

My problem (trivial to most I am sure) is I lose the colors (or in Alex case colours)  when I print.

My eyes  have been trained by Sbasic to ignore all my green commented out stuff and to look at the black characters for some stuff and blue for others.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows the colors the editor is creating to pass through to the printer?

Not a big issue, but I was just wondering.

Thanks

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Trivial Sbasic code printing question.
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2012 at 7:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
Dont have Sesame here, but can you Export as html, then print the html page?  Or print to a PDF printer first?

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

lksseven

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2012 at 8:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
I just tried printing some code (with syntex highlighting turned 'on') to a pdf printer (good thinking, Bob Hansen!) ... but it all printed as black type.

Larry
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2012 at 8:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
There's not a switch to turn on the Sbasic syntax highlighting in the printed code. I'll put it in as a feature request for you. Smiley

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am
Print Post Print Post  
I tried saving as HTML, no good.  And I confirmed printing to PDF was also no good.  Ray's addition will be great (thanks, Ray), but here is some info that you might want to consider in the meantime.

You can also use a different editor.  For years I have used TextPad which has the ability to create a syntax file with up to six colors.  I made a syntax file the first year sesame came out.  I export the file to TextPad as a text file with ".ses" as the extension.  I have a syntax file for ".ses" files that does color highlighting.  I can do my editing as required, then just import the file back into Sesame.  This was created before Sesame had its own Syntax highlighting.  You only need to add new commands to the syntax file when Sesame comes out with new commands.

I am sure there are other editors out there with similar tools.  What you don't get though is the ability to "Test"  your changes until you import back in.  And you can't call up the Element or Command Lists.  So you need to be comfortable with all the existing commands and syntax.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged