Normal Topic Disk error message in Windows 7 (Read 494 times)
Rather be outside

Disk error message in Windows 7
Dec 7th, 2012 at 4:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
I run Sesame 2.5.2 from a Western Digital USB passport drive.  A few days ago, started getting this message : There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \device\harddisk4\dr4.
I've changed drive letters, ran malwarebytes.  The passport drive runs OK on my laptop.  Any ideas about what could be causing this?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Disk error message in Windows 7
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 5:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,

That error message can occur if a file in the Sesame Recent File list is on a drive that no longer exists. Let's say that for example, yesterday the portable drive was E. Sesame will create an entry in the recently used file list of E:\MyDatabase.db. Now today, we plug the portable drive in and it's now F. When Sesame loads we ask the operating system, one by one, if the files in the recently used file list still exist, cause there is no sense displaying files that you may have deleted or moved. We ask the OS if the file E:\MyDatabase.db exists and that is when that error occurs as there is no E drive today.

To remedy this: In the Sesame2 folder on that drive, there will be a file named sesame_recent_files.txt. Just delete that file.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Rather be outside

Re: Disk error message in Windows 7
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 5:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
That did it.  Thanks for your help.  Been using Sesame since it came out, converted from Q&A, to keep customer files and make invoices.  Nothing like it.  Keep up the good work.

IP Logged