Normal Topic Question on using TABS (Read 648 times)
NHUser

Question on using TABS
Feb 22nd, 2013 at 7:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am using tabs in a form and I'm hiding the labels.  I really like the look of the form when I use them this way.

I move from one tab to another using command buttons to ThrowFocus to the first element in the tab I want to make visible. 

I would like one of the tabs to be the default tab, and for the form to show the default tab every time I enter the form.  I've tried using the ThrowFocus command in the On Form Entry area, but it doesn't behave the same way.  It appears that this command is ignored (there is another ThrowFocus command further in the programming).

Is there some way to make sure one of the tabs always appears when the form is entered?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Question on using TABS
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Have you tried using the GoToTabPage command?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

NHUser

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 8:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
I just tried playing with the GoToTabPage command with no luck, but I'm not sure I"m doing it right.

I have two sets of tabs on my form.  The first group is TABSET.  Would the second set of tabs have the same name?  If not, how do I find the name of the second set of tabs?

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 4:38am
Print Post Print Post  
Highlight the group of tabs in question, go to the Other tab in the Property Editor, place the cursor in the Name box, and press F5. This should show you it's name.

(Curiously, if you go to the Other tab in the Property Viewer, the name listed there will actually be the name of the specific tab you have selected, as opposed to the name of the tabgroup.)

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

NHUser

Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 6:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks!  Using the right name for the tabs and the GoToTabPage command did the trick!

IP Logged