Normal Topic Retrieve Spec Navigation (Read 830 times)
NHUser

Retrieve Spec Navigation
Apr 9th, 2013 at 5:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
On my form, there is an element that I don't want people to be able to change by accident, though I want people to be able to change it if necessary.

I tried using the @AskUser command, which seemed to work.  However, the element in question is the first element in the navigation order and, being on a network, there was some sort of delay so all users (even those without access to make changes) were activating the @AskUser command and the info in the element was getting erased!

I've changed the navigation order so the element in question is now last in order.  However, this navigation order is applied when the Retrieve Spec is opened.  I'd like the element that is now last to be the element that is in focus when the retrieve spec opens. 

I've tried using the ThrowFocus command, but the navigation order seems to take precedence.  Is there a way to specify which element should be in focus when the retrieve spec opens?

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Retrieve Spec Navigation
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 5:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
You may be able to do this without the navigation change or the AskUser, by making the element read-only (not grayed - maybe), and placing a button next to labeled "Unlock". The button unlocks the element. The element re-locks itself on exit or change. That should prevent accidental changes, while allowing the user to purposefully change the value.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

NHUser

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
That's a great idea!  It should work fine that way and eliminates the problem with the @AskUser command.

Thanks!

IP Logged

NHUser

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 1:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Help!

I implemented your idea about using a command button to change the element and it works great.

However, I've reset  the navigation order but the navigation isn't changing!!?  On retrieve spec open, the second element of my navigation order is in focus.  I've gone through all my programming and there isn't any ThrowFocus commands anywhere. 

I also checked the Execution Order and that has the same order as the navigation order.  I don't ever change the Execution Order.

Any ideas?

IP Logged

NHUser

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 3:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
Nevermind....

It was operator error.....

IP Logged