Normal Topic Quick report, how to exclude certain entries (Read 570 times)
Manfredo52

Quick report, how to exclude certain entries
Apr 26th, 2013 at 9:37am
Print Post Print Post  
Good day- I am new to Sesame, using it since 4 month. Prior to this we have been using Q&A since 1991, but now, time over. I have created a database and we are adding new records. Now I want to create a report, but also want to exclude certain records. there is a  field that is either empty (record in use), or the field is marked with an "x", i.e. record old. The report should contain all records where this field is empty. In Q+A I could do this pretty easy. But here I dont find the trick, how to exclude records.  How can this be achieved ? Thanks from germany

Manfred

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: Quick report, how to exclude certain entries
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 1:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Manfred,

Are you building a full-fledged report, or using the 'Quick Report' option in Update mode? In either case you can limit what appears in the resulting report by entering search criteria in search mode prior to running your report.

To retrieve only records where that element is empty, you can enter an "=" (without quotes) in the element while in Search mode. Now when you run your report (or Quick Report) you should receive the records you are after.

If you are building a full report, you can even save this search criteria into the report so it always pulls the records where the element is blank. Here's a brief Knowledgebase article that covers attaching a retrieve spec to a report http://lantica.com/support/kb/article/000111

IP Logged

Manfredo52

Re: Quick report, how to exclude certain entries
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 4:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks a lot Ben. Will try on Monday, when back in the office.
Have a nice weekend.
regards Manfred

IP Logged