Normal Topic Programmed move between table view subforms? (Read 821 times)
jfreeman

No personal text

Programmed move between table view subforms?
May 4th, 2013 at 8:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm busy with an investment manager app. in Sesame 2.5.3. Main form is A/C Holder, subform 'Security' subforms to 'Security' are 'Transaction,' 'Holding History' and 'Income,' all natural links.  The bottom tier are table view on 3 tab pages.  Entering the purchase of a new security (ABC Co, say) I select A/C Holder, enter the Security details on the subform (name, type of security, no. of units bought, etc. and the programming takes me to the 'Transaction' subform where I fill in purchase date and price, brokerage, etc. Programming (on Exit, last LE) also generates a 'dummy' sale on 31 December 2100(!) (needed for opertional reasons) and should then transfer me in Update mode to the 'Holding History' form to allow the selective copying of data on to 2 new forms corresponding to the pair of 'Transaction' forms.  Only I can't get it to do that!  FormThrowFocus ought to do it, but doesn't seem to work between two tab pages (Programming Manual p. 266?).  I'd also like to see the 'Holding History' subform displayed so I can check the data, but I can't get that working either.

Please help? 

John F

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Programmed move between table view subforms?
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2013 at 3:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello John,

In trying to replicate this I noticed an issue with FormThrowFocus() that will be taken care of in the next release of Sesame.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

jfreeman

No personal text

Reply #2 - May 8th, 2013 at 4:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks, Ray!  Always nice to know others can replicate my problem.  Is there a workaround?

John F

John F

IP Logged

jfreeman

No personal text

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2013 at 4:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Ray,

On reflection, I should have set out a bit more of my struggle with this one.  When FormThrowFocus("Holding History", "LE Name") didn't work, I tried to use it to go back up to the parent form: FormThrowFocus("Security", "LEName"), in hopes that from there I could use GoToTabPage(LE1, 0), where LE1 is the name of the tab page group from the Attribute Table of the parent Security form, and TabPage0 is the one with the Holding History form (and nothing else) on it.  That didn't work, either, as far as I could tell. Bleh!  Perhaps I made some mistake in using this procedure?

John F

John F

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #4 - May 10th, 2013 at 1:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello John,

The problem is internal with some indexes. If you can shoot me over the DSR and DDT files, along with what form the programming is on I can take a look at it and see if I can't find an index that will work for you until the next release.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged