Normal Topic Data Type Conversion Issue QA - Number to Decimal (Read 569 times)
Robert

Data Type Conversion Issue QA - Number to Decimal
May 13th, 2013 at 3:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
Translated a QA file into a sesame app.  There's a field in the QA file that is a number field but should have always been text because there are leading zeros and no trailing digits or decimal precision.  Kind of like an invoice number.  After translation, Sesame converted the fields into decimal representation i.e. 012345 to 12345.000.  I figured out how to change the database fields in the designer to make it a text field in the sesame app but how do I actually update the data to make them basically whole number or text values again without the decimal part?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Data Type Conversion Issue QA - Number to Decimal
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2013 at 5:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Robert,

This can be done in a Mass Update in Sesame. The knowledge base article http://www.lantica.com/support/kb/article/000075 will help you through the steps of running a Mass Update. Your programming would be something like

ElementName = @Decimals(ElementName, 0)

You will want to replace ElementName in the programming above with the name of the Element that you are wanting to remove the .00000000 from. If you have any questions, or get stuck on one of the steps, just let me know.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Robert

Re: Data Type Conversion Issue QA - Number to Decimal
Reply #2 - May 13th, 2013 at 9:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks!  Worked perfectly....

IP Logged