Normal Topic Email function with embedded xlookupsourcelistall (Read 630 times)
BWETTLAUFER

Email function with embedded xlookupsourcelistall
May 30th, 2013 at 7:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi all,

I've had some time to do some programming, and I've built in a number of excellent functions, including batch emailing.

What I want to tackle next is the ability to send our clients a batch email on a monthly basis with an inventory report of all their files with us.

So, I'm trying to use our client form to pull data from our inventory form like so:

Code
Select All
vInv1 = @xlookupsourcelistall(@FN, CltNo, "DR Screen!DBCltNo", "DBCltNo;DBName;DBRef#;DBList;DBPd;DBBal;DBStatus")

It works fine ... however, I want to format the data through a few steps, starting with sorting the string array to display in alphabetical order by DBName.  What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks,
Blair

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Email function with embedded xlookupsourcelistall
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2013 at 8:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Blair,

The way I would go about doing this is to use @XResultSetSearch() and then the subsequent XResultSet commands such as @XResultSetSort() and @XResultSetValue().

Or use @XResultSetSearch(), @XResultSetSort() and @XResultSetPrintReport() (using REPORT_MODE_HTML_GENERATE) and then attach the resulting HTML report to the E-mail that you are sending with @SendMail()

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged