Normal Topic Deleting the original form (Read 804 times)
NHUser

Deleting the original form
Sep 11th, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have a basic question.  I created a database by building a form.  I then copied that form and made updates on the copied form, which I then made the working form.

I kept the original form because I've always had a fear that I would mess up my database if I deleted the original form.  Is it OK to delete the original form?  How about subsequent copies of the form?

NH User

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Deleting the original form
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2013 at 2:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Paul,

If you don't need them anymore, You can delete any number of forms in your database. The underlying fields are still going to be there in the database, so there is no risk of loosing all your data or anything like that.

Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

NHUser

Re: Deleting the original form
Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 12:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks.  That's what I thought.

I did find an issue, however that needs to be addressed before deleting any forms.  I have a lot of programming in my application and when I created a new form, I copied the original, which meant that all the programming was looking for the original form.  When I deleted the original, the programming did not perform as expected and I got all kinds of weird error messages.

So, while the original form can be deleted, care must be taken with any programming that references the original form.

IP Logged