Normal Topic Sesame on IPad (Read 1383 times)
NHUser

Sesame on IPad
Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
I asked once if I could access Sesame from an Ipad.  I believe the answer was generally "yes" but I didn't understand how to accomplish it. 

I don't know anything about the IPad other than I use it to play games, read email, read books, etc.  I've never tried to connect or sync the IPad to any other program.

So, since I don't know anything, could you tell me in detail how I would go about setting up an IPad so I can access Sesame?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Re: Sesame on IPad
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 6:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Someone may have a better answer, but one way is to access a desktop that is already running Sesame via LogMeIn (https://secure.logmein.com/products/ios/).

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Sesame on IPad
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 6:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
Because the IPad runs on an incompatible chip and uses an incompatible OS, there are only two ways to "access" Sesame.

You can run a VNC client on the IPad and access a PC running a VNC server, that is actually running Sesame. In that case, you are merely viewing and controlling Sesame on the IPad, but Sesame is actually running on a different computer.

You can also run a "virtual machine" on the IPad and load either a Windows OS or Linux on that virtual machine. In that case, your IPad is pretending to be a PC and you are actually running Sesame on the IPad.

I can't get very specific. I don't have an IPad. But these solutions will work equally well with an IPad, an Android tablet, or even an Apple laptop of desktop - anything able to run either a VNC client or a virtual machine.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged