Normal Topic Auto entry (Read 611 times)
NHUser

Auto entry
Aug 5th, 2014 at 9:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am using a Sesame file to "receive" product shipments.  In some cases, we receive multiple lots of the same item, so the only difference in the records is one number (the lot number).  The lot numbers are sequential.  In some cases, there can be many records to create, up to 50 records.

I was wondering if there is a way to automatically generate files in sesame with programming that would sequence the lot number.  In other words, I want to enter one record, then enter the number of records I want to create then click on a button.  Then Sesame would generate all fifty records.

Is such a thing possible?

IP Logged

Acebanner

Re: Auto entry
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 11:31am
Print Post Print Post  
What about popping up a window to receive the range of the lot numbers (lots 10-23, for example), and then looping through that range, using XResultSet to create the new records?

IP Logged

NHUser

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 2:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
I can figure out how to index the lot numbers, but I don't know how to add records.  I've tried using a FOR-NEXT loop, but it will only create one record regardless of how many loops I try to force.

Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Acebanner

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
NHUser wrote on Aug 6th, 2014 at 2:41pm:
I can figure out how to index the lot numbers, but I don't know how to add records.  I've tried using a FOR-NEXT loop, but it will only create one record regardless of how many loops I try to force.

Any suggestions?

The XResultSetCreateNewRecord command (page 457 in programming guide) might do the trick. You'd have to loop through the index values, creating a new record using that command.

IP Logged