Normal Topic Dialer.exe (Read 605 times)
SpencerWulwick
Members

Dialer.exe
Oct 27th, 2014 at 10:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have several databases programmed so that when I select a phone number (one of six possible fields) and click on a button "Place Call," it automatically opens dialer.exe and dials the call for me.

I've been enjoying this feature for what seems like an eternity and feel "helpless" without it.

Two days ago, out of the clear blue sky, it simply stopped working.

I finally got in touch, today, with Geek Squad and they got dialer.exe working again.  Apparently my computer had been infected with "policies" (a new term for me) and that stopped dialer.exe from working.

Dialer.exe will now work manually, but still isn't working when I click on "place call." 

The older I get, the more difficult it is for me to see and dial numbers, so I miss the feature very much. 

Geek Squad would only tell me that I needed to "re-link" my programming "somehow."   I tried everything I could think of such as, reconciling each designer file and related databases.  Removing the programming, putting it back, resaving and re-reconciling, rebooting the computer, etc. etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try on my own to get this working again?

Is anybody willing to take this on for me, for their customary fee?

I want it, I need it and I AM going to get it - one way or the other!!!!    lol

Seriously, PLEASE - someone - help me - quickly!!!

Thanks!

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Dialer.exe
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 3:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Spencer,

We can do this with focused support.

You can purchase focused support at http://www.lantica.com/shop/index.php/support/support-funit.html and then just give us a call at 1-800-293-9549 and one of us will remote on to your system and take a look at what is happening.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged