Normal Topic WordMerge 2.44 - Select Doc get pop up to go back (Read 1155 times)
Robert

WordMerge 2.44 - Select Doc get pop up to go back
Oct 29th, 2014 at 6:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Followed the instructions included with my Sesame install for 2.5.3.  Made a command button, copied the wordmerge text file contents into the onEntry programming event.  The only thing I've changed is where it looks for the docs, in my case L:\DATA\WARRANT\EXTRADITION.  I click on the command button and it successfully creates a list of docx files in that folder.  But when I click on one of them it goes to another popup window that just give the "Back" option.  Clicking on that works in that it brings me back to my list of docs.

Any ideas?

IP Logged

Robert

Re: WordMerge 2.44 - Select Doc get pop up to go back
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 7:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Also, if there's anything specific I should know about using Word 2013 with the code please let me know.

IP Logged

Robert

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 3:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
Interesting note, When I point it to the sample merge doc that comes with the sesame install it will go through the motions of creating the file and bringing up the doc.  When I point it to the docs directory where my 2013 DOCX files are at though it won't open the doc and instead gives me another pop up window with "Back" in the list which, to it's credit, does take me back to the doc list I was originally at.

IP Logged

Robert

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 2:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
is there anything specific about the Word docs that it tries to open?  I need to get this running and I'm open to any suggestions.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 5:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
What you will want to do is put some debug statements into the Get_Doc() subroutine, specifically after the @LocalListDirectory() call on line 78, to see if the Sesame client can access a list of the files in that directory.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Robert

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 6:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
It will access the directory and show the list of .docx files in there.  it's when I click on one of the documents that the directory listing acts like I clicked on a folder rather than a document and the directory list just becomes [Back].

I'll try digging into the code a little deeper regardless.

It's just weird that if I point the docs directory to the samples it works fine but point it to this directory full of .docx files and it doesn't.  It's almost like it's not recognizing that it's an actual word merge doc and thinks it's a folder.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 7:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ah Okay. The copy of the programming that you are using has an error in it. The line

Code
Select All
If @FindStringArray(vExtensions, @Right(vItem, 4)) = -1  

should be

Code
Select All
If @FindStringArray(vExtensions, @Right(vItem, 4))<0 and @FindStringArray(vExtensions, @Right(vItem, 5))<0  

This line is in the Get_Doc() subroutine. The latest version of the programming in the 2.6 install has the corrected code.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Robert

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 7:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
Made the change and it will now select the document, ask me if I want all records or just that one, but then I get the error "File cannot be opened. This is probably because a merge document attached to it is already opened.  Close the merge document(s) and try again."

I don't have anything open.  I wonder if this is an issue where running this on clients is an issue because the working directory for Sesame when you have a file open is "E:\Sesame2\Data" which is a folder on the server where the Sesame server process is running.  Basically, is the mergedata.txt file trying to be created on the server or on the local pc?

Or is there more code for WordMerge that's different in 2.6?

IP Logged

Robert

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Nevermind, Fixed it myself this time for once!

Changed the varDataPath at the top to:
var vDataPath as String  = "C:\Sesame2\Docs\MergeData.txt".

It now generates the mergedata.txt file and brings up Word!

Now to update 89 Word docs that were dumped from Q&A Write.....yay me.  lol

Thanks Ray!!

IP Logged