Normal Topic export to a .csv (Read 658 times)
Wayne

export to a .csv
Nov 23rd, 2015 at 4:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have been looking at Sesame, it looks like a nice system.  What I need to do is export to a .csv file, for use in a Word merge.  How do I do that?  Thanks    Smiley

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: export to a .csv
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 5:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
Use an "export spec".

In the lower left side of the screen, you will see the "Spec Manager". You can cycle between various "specs" by clicking on the arrows. You can also right click on the title bar to select different specs available.

Once you have the Export Spec selected, you are presented with a list of available elements (fields) to export from your form. You can select these individually by clicking on the button next to each element name, or you can left click on the title bar and select "Select All". You can rearrange the order by dragging the items up or down in the list.

After you have selected the elements you want to include in your .csv file, select "Run" from the left click menu on the title bar. A dialog with export options, including the export filename, will appear. Set the filename and click "Accept".

This information and much more detail is available in the user manual .pdf included if you downloaded Sesame.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged