Normal Topic Client (Read 742 times)
bstone30

No personal text

Client
Aug 1st, 2016 at 9:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm having problems with using server in Windows 10.  I use 2.2 and believe it or not still use version 1.1.4.   I can't connect using the same client commands that I used in the Win XP.  It is  -client Server2:20000:20001
I can establish a mapped network path and see files but I cannot connect and get sesame to use the multiuser license.  I also have an issue with sesame opening up in the proper directory on the mapped drive (Sesame2\data  Anybody else having this problem?  It could be an issue with the ports but I don't know how to open and close ports.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Client
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
There could be a variety of things wrong such as Server name, Start In directories of icons, Port settings in firewalls, Incompatibility of the old version(very old in the case of 1.1.4) of Sesame with Windows 10, etc.

Let's ignore the client machines for a moment and focus just on the server computer.

Do you get any error messages when you start up the Sesame Server program on the Server?
How many Client connections does it say you are allowed?
Can you launch a Client from the Server computer?
If not can you launch a Client on the server machine if you change the arguments in the client icon from "-client Server2:20000:20001" to "-client localhost:20000:20001"?

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

bstone30

No personal text

Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 4:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
The server starts without any errors.  The 2.2 version has a 6 user license and I can browse and connect to the Sesame2/data folder and it shows that I am using a license.  But, when I open Sesame, it will not point to the mapped directory. This is not a problem for me but other users in the office are not that savvy and I need the file to open in the correct directory.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 4:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
There is no 2.2 version of Sesame so I'm not sure what version of Sesame you actually have.

When you say "it will not point to the mapped directory.", are you referring to the Data directory of the Sesame2 folder on the C drive of the Server? That does not need to be a mapped network drive. But I think what you might be running into is an issue with the start in of the Sesame Server. If you right click on the Sesame Server icon, and bring up properties, is the Start In: set to "C:\Sesame2\Program\"? If so you will need to change that to "C:\Sesame2\" which is where the rootdirs.ini file should be located, which is what tells Sesame what directories the Sesame Server can access.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

bstone30

No personal text

Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 7:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
That worked!!!  Thanks Ray.  Smiley