Normal Topic Notify(7) not working right? (Read 961 times)
obfusc88

No personal text

Notify(7) not working right?
Jan 3rd, 2017 at 3:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
In my ORDERS form, OnFormEntry, I have the line Notify(7) to prevent Extend Mode.
When I open an Order, the only record in the result set, I run an Export/Import that creates a duplicate record instantly, that is good.  I now have 2 records in the result set.
Now after reviewing the new record I delete it and it is gone, but I still have 2 records in the result set, one is blank waiting to be filled in, but is in the Update Mode.

This extra record also means I cannot do another Export because the process checks that there is only one record before it runs the export process. So I have to close tab and go back to retrieve the desired Order record again.

I get the same effect before the Export process.  If I open multiple Orders, then use "remove from record set" to get down to one Order, I cannot get to one.  When the second last order is removed, instead of the record set going from 2 to 1, it stays at 2 with a blank record that I cannot delete.

How do I prevent this blank record from being created?

IP Logged

obfusc88

No personal text

Re: Notify(7) not working right?
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 3:30am
Print Post Print Post  
No one has any suggestions?  Still have problem.

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 11:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm curious as to why are you duplicating a record, just to delete it a moment later?

In any case, you can simply navigate back to the 1st record, and the counter should show just a single record in the result set. You can either manually press F9, or if this is an automated routine, then you can use this:
@SelectTreeItem("Search Update Menu!Navigation!Previous Record (F9)")

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

obfusc88

No personal text

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 3:01am
Print Post Print Post  
If the wrong Original was copied then we want to delete the newly copied one.

Going back to the previous record still shows 2 in the record counter, and will cause confusion/concern.  So I don't think either of those suggestions will work.

Want to make this "dummy free" even though I know it is impossible.  But still a good goal.

But I have found that I did not make Notify(F7) Conditional.  It was working in the @ADD mode preventing me from adding a second record.  So, I will be trying to qualify the Notify(f7) to activate when NOT @NEW and see how that works out.

IP Logged