Normal Topic @HTTPSGetHTML (Read 1550 times)
actiontech

@HTTPSGetHTML
May 14th, 2018 at 4:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Is it possible to use the command @HTTPGetHTML to get an HTTPS website. I'm trying to use this with the Google Geocoding API and I keep getting request denied because the API will only work over HTTPS. I didn't know if there was a way I could reprogram this command to where it would work over HTTPS too or something? Or maybe there's a workaround? I'm trying to get the HTML because the Google Geocoding API supplies me with an XML webpage and I need to get two fields off of there. But I'm not sure how to use the XML commands to access this without manually saving the webpage each time as an XML document.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: @HTTPSGetHTML
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
actiontech wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 4:22pm:
Is it possible to use the command @HTTPGetHTML to get an HTTPS website.

No. You will need to use @RedirectProcess() and cURL, or another program similar to it, as Sesame does not speak SSL/TLS.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

actiontech

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
Alright, thank you I'll look into that. I was thinking about using Windows Powershell as well. Maybe starting a script from @Shell() from within Sesame and letting it return back information to Sesame or something. Not sure which will be better though.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
With @Shell() you will get the black DOS box appear on the screen. With @RedirectProcess() you do not see that and the output from the API will be returned directly into Sesame where you can work with it.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

actiontech

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2018 at 4:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ok cool thank you. I spent about two hours researching cURL and it seems a bit advanced for me at this point. I might try @RedirectProcess() first with Powershell and see if I can get it to work. If not then I'll try to revert back to cURL. Seems like a really useful program though.

IP Logged