Normal Topic Concurrent licenses (Read 1454 times)
jacker

Concurrent licenses
Oct 10th, 2018 at 10:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
I use the client/server model on a Windows Server 2008 R2 cloud server with Sesame 2.6.4.

I have 18 licenses, however, whenever I hit 12 concurrent users, they start getting "Too many clients" error messages and cannot make any more connections.

Is my license corrupted somehow or is this some other problem?

Jack - I'm smokin' past the filter and it's burnin' my lips...
YIM YIM  
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Concurrent licenses
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 2:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,

It's not likely that it is a corrupt license file. One way to verify this is to launch a local Sesame client from the server itself, 18 times. Use "-client localhost" as your connection string.

What could be happening is either garbled communication from a Sesame client, or a connection from something that isn't a Sesame client, that is trying to connect to the Server that is tying up the connection process and causing additional clients to get the "too many clients" error message. On the server computer if you launch a port monitor(like TCPview or CurrPorts) you should see 2 connections for every Sesame client. One on the 20,000 port and another on the 20,001 port. If you have an odd number, either something else is trying to connect on those ports or one of a Client's ports has been closed by external forces(firewall, timeout settings, bad NIC, etc).

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged