Normal Topic Report Different Specs for different Views (Read 2308 times)
obfusc88

No personal text

Report Different Specs for different Views
Dec 28th, 2018 at 3:10am
Print Post Print Post  
It is possible to have multiple views in a report from the same data base.  But, is it possible to have different Specs in each view?

For example, in the first view I want to show a subset of a larger group of records, maybe in a date range, but only the ones that meet a certain condition, like overdue.  This subset would have statistics at the bottom.  But I want the second view to show all records in that same date range, despite the overdue condition.

When I go to the Group in either View, when I attach Specs, the result affects both views.  I suspect this is also true if I had more than two views.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Report Different Specs for different Views
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 3:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
You would need to attach a spec that includes both sets of records and then using programming with Visibility() to hide all elements in the group body for the records that you don't want to see. This also means that you have to perform all your calculations in programming and can't use Sum, Count, etc elements as they will count the invisible records as well.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

obfusc88

No personal text

Re: Report Different Specs for different Views
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 7:01am
Print Post Print Post  
Hmmm, sounds like this may be too much trouble.

Think I will consider two or more reports and a routine to append one to the other.  May need to modify HTML Header  lines and closing tags.

It's never easy.....

Thanks again

IP Logged